1 yellow onion
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp of ketchup
salt & pepper to your liking
1 cup of cheese
14-16 slices of bacon
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup of ketchup
4 Tbsp of brown sugar
4 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Preheat over to 350º.
- Dice onion and bell pepper. Cook in skilled over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. This releases all the flavors.
- Transfer onion and green bell pepper to a mixing bowl. Add breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and salt & pepper to bowl. Mix.
- Little by little, take pieces of ground beef and add to mixing bowl. You do not want to over work the meat, the less you touch it the juicer it will be. After carefully adding the beef, slowly mix all the ingredients together.
- Spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with Pam.
- Line the pan with a bottom layer of bacon in a checkerboard pattern. (about 7 slices)
- Next, fill the pan with beef mixture halfway.
- At the halfway point, load the middle with 1 cup of cheese. I used a mix sharp cheddar and white cheddar.
- Then load the remaining half of the beef mixture on top of the cheese.
- Next, use the remaining ~7 pieces of bacon on top, weave in checkerboard pattern.
- Finally, mix ketchup, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl. Using a cooking brush, spread the glaze all over the outside of the meatloaf. Do not forget to glaze the sides.
- I served this meal with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.